How Big is a Placenta Bowl? And Other Weird Questions You'll Ask When Planning a Home Birth tackles your most outrageous and irreverent home birth questions and delivers practical advice for couples preparing to give birth at home. Get answers to questions like:
• How messy is home birth?
• How much will it cost?
• How do I get the gunk out of the birth tub?
• How do I choose a midwife?
• How can I convince others I’m not crazy?
• What should I wear?
• Why the heck do I need olive oil?
• Should I have my other kids at the birth?
One of the only guides to home birth written specifically for a United States audience, this book also includes a special section for husbands and partners and contains detailed state-by-state tables of midwifery regulations, insurance coverage, and newborn testing procedures. Also included is a birth kit checklist and a sample birth plan for home birthers.